Friday, December 25, 2009

It's Christams. Let's just enjoy the season.

I couldn't believe that my friend called it "poor taste" that I sent him a "Merry Christmas" text in the evening. I really don't have to explain myself to this person, but for those of you who don't know how my day went, I'm going to share.

I spent all evening with Alex's family last night. It was lots of fun. They typically celebrate Christmas right at midnight. So after church we all went to his sister's house, played cards, watched tv, and then opened gifts. We finally made it home shortly after 2am. I was truly exhausted, and it would have been obvious from my 2:30pm wake up time.

So today we got up, showered and had lunch, then I went over to see my sister and her family while Alex went over to his sister's to pick up some of his gifts. After that, I went to spend some time with my mom. While I was there, I decided to finally send out holiday text messages. One person responded with this:

"Its in poor taste to wish someone merry christmas in the evening...It jus means u forgot about them and r trying to make up for it.. Read the Countess Etiquette"

I'm quoting exactly how the text read. I didn't try to shorten anything out of laziness and I didn't purposely misspell anything. I just find it hard to believe that anyone would reply like this so a simple, "Merry Christmas :) " Which is the exact message I sent out. And then the nerve of him telling me to read some book he probably hasn't even read himself. I was a little disgusted with this display of what I thought was a friendship.

I shouldn't be surprised by any means. He's spent most of his life being negative. And I think he likes to try to bring others down in order to make himself feel better. In fact, I know he likes this. I don't understand. I've never gotten this vibe from his family. I think his family is great, but he somehow has missed all that and decided that, I guess, he wasn't going to be anything like them. It's a little sad. I do however wish that he can see past all the negative in the world and enjoy the season. He's got so many friends to be thankful for, and he's got a loving family. What else does anyone need?

No comments:

Post a Comment