Saturday, June 4, 2011

Quick to judge

So I decide to have a nightcap. Nothing out of the ordinary. Well, at least not since I hadn't done it in a while. Lately, I've found that a couple of drinks before bed make me feel relaxed. So back to my nightcap.

I'm having my JB & Coke and Alex asks why I'm drinking. I simply say to him: "I'm not drinking. I'm just unwinding before bed." I don't get it? What's the bid deal? I'm at home. It's safer than going out for a drink or two. I'm just relaxing. Why do I suddenly feel like I'm being judged?

Its not like I'm an alcoholic. At least, I don't think I am. When I think alcoholic, I think someone who is able to function on alcohol at any given time. That's totally not me. I'm toasted after about three drinks, so no way am I going to drink and then try and drive or run an errand.

I think it's only fair to say that I'm being responsible by having my drinks at home before bed, rather than during the middle of the afternoon, don't you think? So I say to all you who like to have your nightcap and feel good: It's ok. As long as you're not getting drunk. That might be a little different. Unwinding after a day of work, I think, is perfectly normal. And even though I've done it every night this week, I'd like to say it's not something I normally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment