Sunday, January 17, 2010

Much better dinner tonight.


After last night's awful incident at Luther's, I'm happy to report that I had a much more pleasant experience tonight at The Yard House at La Cantera. Like a lot of other restaurants (except Luther's), this place knew how to treat a guest. Complete 180-turn from last night.


Not only were we greeted at the door, but we were taken to a booth immediately...two points already. Next, as our server approached us at the table, he was quick to ask whether we had any questions about the menu, and even gave my friend Angel advice about which way he preferred the rice...very nice, and another two points. He brought us water right away, and asked for the drink order up front. After taking our order and leaving, I remembered that I we were having more guests so I was easily able to get a hold of him and let him know that I would need more menus, which he brought without hesitation. Another two points. He proceeded to come by every so often and refill my water, as well as asked to replenish our drinks.


This guy had his act together and was very pleasant. Not to mention that the Chicken Enchilada Stack was delicious and very appealing to the eye. This gets another two and a half points from me. So all in all, The Yard House earns a whopping 8.5 out of 10 from me. A little busier, atmosphere-wise, than I expected, but a good clean environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment