Saturday, January 16, 2010

Does bad ever get good??

I can't even think of how many times I've been to Luther's, but if I had to count, I'll bet I could do it with one hand. If you haven't yet been there, it's the hamburger joint right across from The Saint on Main St. It's also owned by the same guys who own Heat and the new Sparky's Pub, located in the void left by the previous Silver Dollar Saloon.

Don't get me wrong, Heat and Sparky's are bad ass, but I'm not sure what's going on with Luther's. It seems that their wait staff is always just soooooo inexperienced. I honestly think that they hire patrons from their bars. They're badly groomed, with bad hair, and even worse personalities (no offense, ArJay...he's one of my boys).

So I go there with my friend, Angel tonight to grab a bite to eat after work. We're seated pretty quickly....2 points so far (keep in mind this is on a scale of 10). Next, our drink orders are taken (with no indication on the menu as to whether or not refills are free on soft drinks). I was quick to order a Big Red because for some reason I've been on this Big Red high. Anyway, he had average timing on our drinks....1 point. So he gives us "a minute" to look over the menus...again, but we were ready to order. After collecting our menus, he says the order will be "right out."

So you know, I'm thinking like 10-15 minutes. WRONG! Try 40 minutes later...mind you I have an appointment for a haircut @ 8 and it is now almost a quarter til. We were seated at 7, by the way. Normally, I wouldn't have given a rat's ass had I been eating at Some high-end eatery...but seriously??? Luther's???? I was totally disappointed in the service, yet again. If I go there again, it will probably be for a lack of anything closer, and out of desperation. Guys, really....get better servers. The place is not bad. It's got a great location for eating after a long night of dancing, but that service has got to be kicked up a notch.

My total score for Luther's is a whopping 3 out of 10. Better luck next time, boys. It's a good thing for them my review doesn't really count for anything. Oh, and by the way, what's the difference between their Irish Stew and their Homemade Chilli? Absolutely nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment