Sunday, November 15, 2009

...on Sunday morning, you sure have changed since yesterday...

This morning was just slightly different from other Sunday mornings, only in the fact that I woke up to people cheering and just plaing being loud. Alex and I decided to walk down the street (yes the whole block and a half trek to W Craig and N Flores) to check out some of the Rock-n-Roll Marathon.

My great friend, Mary Pena had been training for that thing for months (Props to Mary). It was very interesting to see all these people going by, even with the annoying cheerleaders from Fox Tech standing and yelling a bunch of crap from the corner. I don't think they realized they were more annoying than anything else....with ridiculous cheers like "That way, go that way, go-go-go that way!" You high school idiots! I don't think the runners were so retarded as to go straight and tackle them. It was pretty obvious which way they were supposed to go.

I guess we hung out for about 30 minutes before deciding to head over to Blanco Cafe for some yummy breakfast. By this time it was about 9:30a.m. And yes, I know I looked like crap, so thanks Mikey for reminding me of that. LOL! We had our eggs and bacon and then returned home to watch some tv. While Alex was getting ready for work, I was still contemplating what to write for my travel article.

I was given some really good suggestions by Caroline (The haunted railroad tracks), Valerie (Old Mission Drive-In), Leila (Fort Sam Nat'l Cemetary), George (Gruene, TX), and Diana (El Senor de los Milagros). And after all the consideration, and watching the marathon this morning, I thought: "Why not showcase San Pedro Park?" Afterall, I have done quite a few pieces on it in the past, and who else would know more about it's history than me personally from all the research I've already done (and I could always find the people I'd interviewed previously). That, and the fact that it's only 4 blocks from my apartment made the whole idea perfect! It's not quite a done deal yet, but it's definitely at the top of my list right now.

Well it's still early enough for me to go and start researching, but on the down side, it's Sunday, so not a lot of places near by will be open to talk to me :(

So I'm off. Be sure to catch up with me later with more tales from the Gossip Guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment