Thursday, November 26, 2009

Black Friday Birthday

My birthday was on Thanksgiving last year, 2008. I always get all tingly when my birthday falls on the holiday because I was actually born on Thanksgiving. Anyway, this year it's on Black Friday. Ideally, this is supposed to be the best shopping day of the year, with all the sales and all. I think that technically, it's the worst because of the out-of-control shoppers and selfish buying public.

I won't be surprised if I hear again this year about a death by customer trampling. Gosh, can you imagine being crushed by a human stampede? That's just sad. "Oh, I'm sorry I can't help you up and that I have to step on you, but my son will just die if he doesn't get that Wii he's been asking for." Really people? Really? Maybe it's because I don't have a child, that I just don't get the concept. But if I did have kids that I cared for, would I really go to such lengths as to practically kill someone for my child's happiness? I just don't know. But if money does in fact buy happiness, then that's why people consider Madonna a genius! She was right all along with Material Girl. That would also mean that, maybe scientifically, diamonds really are a girls best friend.

What if that's what 2012 is all about. What if the Mayans were trying to say that humanity just lost it! Let's think about it people, three days before Christmas, shopping frenzy, customers in panic over getting the last items on the shelves. Everyone, everywhere is going to totally lose it!!!! Maybe rather than getting better, the economy is going to get worse. Maybe on that date, December 21, 2012, chaos in every type of retail outlet is just going to break loose. It'll be just like the L.A. riots all over again, but on a much grander scale. Wouldn't that just be the worst?

The way I see it, sure Black Friday has some of the best sales of the year all in one day; but if we all learned to budget properly and look for the best sales year-round, we'd learn that we can get all of our shopping done way before this day and with minimum fuss. Problem solved! But the reality is that people don't manage their money, nor their time for this to happen. So it all comes down to Black Friday.

All I can say is good luck out there tomorrow. It's definitely going to be a jungle. If you think about it, all the real sales happen early in the morning and usually before noon. So if you're not out there before then, don't even bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment