Saturday, November 28, 2009

Intimate Dinner with Monica

Because she couldn't make it to my little birthday soiree at Dad's Karaoke Bar on Monday, Monica decided she would take me out to dinner last night (which just so happened to be my actual birthday). I haven't had a chance to spend that much time with her in such a long time. I had such a good time.

Not only did we reveal things to each other that we didn't know, but we had some drinks and just got the opportunity to speak very candidly with one another. I feel like I got to know her just a little better last night. And isn't that what we should do with our friends? Get to know one another a little better every time?

Sometimes I feel so disconnected with friends. It's not because I don't pay attention, but it's more about all of us being so busy with our own lives. I wish I could have more opportunities like last night with all of my friends. After my friend Peter moved to Lewisville, I didn't talk to him as much. I mean not even on Facebook. I do feel guilty about it, but the truth is I keep myself so occupied with school and work that it just consumes all of my time. I got to see him out last night at the club, and even got a chance to go shopping with him early on Black Friday (something we have been trying to do the last 2-3 years).

I think for next year, my main resolution is going to be to try and pay more attention to the lives of my family and friends. I'm going to concentrate first and foremost on school, but then I will try very hard to spend more time with those close to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment