Thursday, September 1, 2011

Former KSAT reporter dies at 42.

It struck me a little hard when I heard tonight of the passing of Bert Lozano. I can remember watching him on KSAT when I was younger, and wanting to be where he was. I remember watching a video on YouTube of him reporting in Austin as a streaker ran by, but being the professional he was, he just kept on going. But that was just who he was.

I followed Bert on Facebook from time to time. His posts often made me smile, and when he would reply to my posts, it just made me giddy! So it really saddens me to know that I won't see any of those Facebook updates from him. I recently went back to his page and read some of the posts before his passing. He had recently changed his status from "single" to "in a relationship." As I scrolled down farther, I noticed a post which read, "I've never had someone make me dinner." I teared up when I read that. It was so sweet. And to think that he would be gone just a few days later.

Most recently, Lozano was vice president of Weber Shandwick, a public relations company in Dallas. Prior to that he had worked in the broadcast industry including WFAA-TV Channel 8 in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KSAT-12 News in San Antonio, and KRGV-TV in the Rio Grande Valley.

Lozano had suffered a heart attack on Sunday, August 28, and was admitted to Methodist Medical Center in Dallas where he was in critical condition and later died. He will be missed by all that knew him. Rest in peace, Bert.

No comments:

Post a Comment