Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Better Prices, Bigger Diva Moments, Less Catty Attitudes

Need I say more? Why go to any other bar for awesome drinks, fabulous style, and larger than life moments. Granted, the interior of the Pegasus can appear more seedy than couture, the bartenders will treat you like royalty and other patrons will treat you like friends.

I've often been asked by my heterosexual friends what makes Pegasus so great (considering I'm practically a staple there). My answer is simple and sweet: I love my bartenders. I can stay away a couple of weeks and they will still remember my drink when I return. I've been to a few of the more posh clubs/bars out in the Stone Oak area and along 1604, and I always spend 3x more, and the bartenders tend to be a little more reticent with their alcohol pouring. But that's not to say that it could be the fact that I'm not a regular at those establishments.

At Pegasus, the alcohol pours freely. And the fact that the drinks are very inexpensive allows us to take better care of our bartenders. And as one of my friends might find this somewhat amusing, it's true what their web site says: "Every one is welcome!" There is no discrimination when it comes to "straight" patrons. I've seen plenty of bachelorette parties go through there. You get more gay male patrons at this bar than you do lesbians, which is perfectly okay with me considering lesbians seem to have a little more testosterone than my gay male friends. So I can understand men feeling a little uneasy, but I can assure all you straight guys out there that if the crowd knows you're hetero, they're more likely to jokingly flirt with you, so don't take any offense.

I typically go the the same three bartenders, but feel free to go to any of the staff, because they're all just as great. Pegasus is really about 5 bars in 1. There's the main video bar which you find when you first walk into the building. You'll usually find Sammy, Junior, and Mark behind the bar. And with the crowd they get in that bar alone, you'd be surprised how fast this trio hustles! They don't miss a beat. I've had some pretty large diverse orders, and they can knock it out like nobody's business.

The Flying Horse is to the right as you walk in through the main bar. It's the country western section of the establishment, or at least it used to be. Now everyone goes in there just to get away from the crowd of the main bar. Oh, but don't worry about not getting great service. Jason will totally take care of you in here. His good looks and charm will have you craving more...drinks, craving more drinks. He's one of the sweetest things about Pegasus, and definitely a guilty pleasure.

The bar in back is known as The Night Hawk because it used to be a leather bar. But contrary to what each bar is called (except the Karaoke bar), none of them live up to their cliches anymore. On most crowded weekends, you'll find Chad and Valerie. Chad claims he doesn't understand how I can handle his drinks all night. He's right, they're very potent, but the kick you get from just your first two drinks with him can set the mood for the rest of the night, and that mood is: AWESOME!!!

Simon takes care of those thirsty mouths in the karaoke bar or out in the front patio on any given Sunday. Be sure to ask him for his paleta shot when you visit his bar. Chad has a signature shot known as the "Chuleta." It's a spicy mouthful of joy that goes down smooth, but with no harsh aftertaste. Simon has his own spin on it, but he calls it his "paleta shot." Simon's drink has a mexican sucker that he drops into hit, and it totally hits the spot every time. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of ethnic candy, but the first time I had this shot, I was thrown back. It was like a Mexican parade in my mouth.

So if you've never been to Pegasus, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! I guarantee you'll have a good time. But I guarantee you'll have a better time if you go with me. I'm just saying. Tell your bartenders, TheGossipGuy sent you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment