Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It just takes one

Have you ever been in a predicament where one of your friends just totally changes your outlook on things. It really does just take one person to make you question people and their intentions. Not that I'm not a happy-go-lucky guy anymore. Believe me, when I'm out, I'M OUT! And it's all about me. Well okay, I'm kidding...half kidding. Well it happened to me once. Someone screwed me over, then all of a sudden I was feeling like people were whispering and giving me those "there he is" looks.

I only thought about this today when a friend of mine, not only on Facebook, but a dear friend of mine in real time, posted something about being tired of people talking behind their back. I gave this friend the same advice any fun-loving individual would have given. Don't sweat it. When they stop talking about you, that's when you should worry. Whether people are saying something great or something completely blasphemous about your persona, your character, your credibility, you should be happy that they're even taking notice. It means there's something about you that was good enough to peak that person's interest.

I like to think I'm a show-stopper (to quote Christian Siriano: "I'm kind of a big deal in my head), and I like to pretend it's all about me when I'm out, but I do credit my friends and family for allowing me to believe that. :)

So I know that no matter what people think about me, the point is, they're thinking about me! What else should matter. Like my PR agent would say (If I had one), "Any press is good press." Someone get this bitch a drink! I'm here for the party, and I'm here to have a good time, no matter what people want to say. CHEERS!

So just remember, the next time someone is talking about you in the negative, that's just one person. Other people are adoring you for who you are: a friend, a sibling, a role model. Pay no mind that they're being messy, just remember to have fun and that they're talking about you because you somehow matter to them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment