Sunday, August 29, 2010

Big Lou's, Big Pizza, Big Disappointment

I've heard many big things about Big Lou's Pizzeria on San Antonio's southeast side. But nothing prepared me for the big disappointment I encountered there.

Let me first say, if you're a busy establishment, and you know the wait is going to be long, please give your patrons a heads up or add an extra 10-15 minutes just in case. When we arrived, we ordered and were told the wait would be 25 minutes. That was at 7:40 according to our receipt. We were finally seated at about 8:56, and only after we complained.

The wait time was partly the biggest let down. So I figured their pizza would redeem them. Wow, was I wrong. I'm not saying the pizza was bad. In all honesty, my first thought was: "A greasy good time in your mouth!" But then I thought it may have been the fact that we had waited so long to eat. The pizza was mediocre at best. But Big Lou's is really a unique place in San Antonio because they offer such gigantic works of pepperoni and cheese.

On a scale of 1-10, I'm going to have to give them a 3 on the wait time. I understand it's a busy place, but when you say 25 minutes, and actually wait over an hour, it's just wrong. I'm giving their pizza a rating of 6. Only because I heard such great reviews, and they didn't live up to my expectations. I'm giving them a 7 for customer service. They really looked like they were trying.

So my recommendation: If you want to try something new (as I did tonight), go for it. Stop by Big Lou's. They've got like 40" pizzas, but if you want great pizza, don't go to Big Lou's. I did like the beer. I'll give them that much credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment