Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Since when did throwing on a pair of wings and walking around in your underwear become such a popular Halloween costume. Last night I witnessed some of the worst and some of the best costumes I had seen in a long time....ok, well maybe since last year, but you get the point. I'm not going to say I went all out this year, because I didn't. But at least I didn't just sport some wings and call it a night!

Highlights:
There were a couple of really impressive costumes, but it was nothing a few dollars couldn't get anyone. I saw one guy dressed as the Mad Hatter from the most recent Alice in Wonderland. I also saw one really cute Dorothy (Wizard of Oz), but I had also seen that one at a party earlier in the month. I think Lady Gaga and The Jersey Shore characters were very abundant this year. I'm not sure that I saw a lot of originality, but I did see a lot of campy fun. Wait...I take that back. OMG...one guy was dressed as Mike Yuchnitz (the guy accused of allegedly hiring someone to kill his wife). It was CLASSIC!!!

Downfalls:
One guy strutted around in a pair of wings and his underwear. There was nothing exciting and definitely not original about it. I also seemed to see about two or three other guys with just wings. WHAT'S WITH THE WINGS??? Seriously.

Original or not, I have to give props to anyone who dressed up. I think Halloween can be really fun. It's really one of the only nights of the year you can leave your house dressed like anything, and be accepting of laughs. So whether your costume rocked or just plain sucked, give yourself a pat on the back for at least having the nerve to go out in public that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment