Sunday, December 11, 2016

Former Brady Bunch actress fired from popular L.A. radio host gig over homophobic Facebook rant.

by Chris Stouffer

Susan Olsen, once known (or should I say "best known") for her role as the "girl with golden hair like (her) mother; the youngest one in curls," by the hit sitcom The Brady Bunch was recently fired from her job as a Los Angeles radio host over a homophobic rant made on Facebook, according to www.msn.com.

In Olsen's defense, I can neither agree nor disagree with this post on her Facebook page made December 8:
Susan Olsen December 8 at 12:32pm · People can have different opinions, thats how we learn. That is exactly what makes each and every one of you so precious to me! I LOVE to be told that I'm wrong and to actually see that I AM wrong! How blessed am I to be trusted in the hearts of so many people that I have never met? You people are almost as good as getting residuals for the reruns ...OK not really as good. But hey, this is what we got And I love you! oxoxoxoxo
Honestly, she's right. We all have the right to our opinions, and I truly believe her when she says it's what makes us all so precious. It's a bit comical that I began considering writing this blog with preconceived notions about Susan Olsen, being the gay man that I am, assuming she was immediately dismissing my kind from the start. In fact, I almost thought I was going to write a blog which would be a direct attack on her character. After looking through her recent posts however, I see she simply stated her opinion on his work, when the man in question, Leon Acord-Whiting (award winning actor/writer/prodoucer Off-Broadway) jumped to his own defense.

I can't throw blame his way either. I've been one to jump to my own defense immediately, especially if I didn't agree with what someone was saying about me or my work. This is however why we got into the business. We want to hear what people are saying about us. If we can't handle the constructive criticism, then we should all become radio hosts (wink, wink).

In at least two posts I read on Olsen's page, she made attempts to speak with the actor one-on-one, which fell upon deaf ears. You can't chastise a person for first making negative remarks (her opinion, of course), followed by attempts at hearing your side. I may have simply seen her as another radio-host as I started this blog, but she did what any other professional would have done: she attempted to tell his side of the story, giving readers the opportunity to decide for themselves where they sit on the topic of Acord-Whiting's work.

Perhaps Olsen may have seemed a little unprofessional by some minor name-calling after everything went down, but can you blame a gal who just lost her job on a popular radio show "Two Chicks Talkin Politics," for doing her job?

The website makes it clear the actress was an avid Trump supporter. Politics aside, she could have been a Hillary supporter, and most likely would have been dubbed the woman not onboard with the direction this country is going.

Cindy Brady (totes kidding), aka Susan Olsen, if you're reading this (because I know you have friends looking at my blog), please hit me up to get an unbiased account of your story. I know you know everyone wants to hear it. Photo taken from www.susanolsen.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment