Wednesday, August 26, 2015

48 Hour Film Project showcases local filmmakers work

A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to participate as an actor in a project for Mala Mujer Media.  It was a film short for the 48-Hour Film Project titled Masa y Amor (Dough and Love).  Several filmmakers were given certain criteria and the opportunity to shoot a film, in a short span of two days. The result? Well I can’t speak for everyone, perhaps not even for my own director, Rachell.


What I can tell you is that I must have put Rachell through hell while I became a total diva on and off set, calling “cut” when I didn’t feel a shot was going my way, or taking long naps when I was asked to be on set to shoot. Would my behavior have been the same had I gotten more than three hours of sleep the night before? I really can’t say since it didn’t happen.


In any case, tonight I get to see the final results, and you can too. Each of those entries will be playing tonight at Santikos Bijou Cinema at Wonderland of the Americas located at 4522 Fredericksburg Road in San Antonio, from 6:00pm to 11:00pm.


As short notice as it is, I just found out about this myself last night. Entries were divided into Groups A and B.  Masa y Amor is part of Group A with screenings at 6:00pm and 9:00pm. Although tickets are available online, I’ve contacted the producer coordinating the event who informed me tickets may be purchased onsite. 


For more information, please visit the website www.48hourfilm.com as the host theatre itself does not have much information on the event.  Come out and support your local filmmakers and me in my first ever lesbian role….and “CUT!” That’s a wrap, y’all.


No comments:

Post a Comment